Frequently Asked Questions
Assisted living can be beneficial for senior adults who need help in one or more of these areas:
- Are you unsteady on your feet or prone to falls?
- Do you use a walker or wheelchair?
- Are you experiencing increased forgetfulness or mild confusion?
- Have you experienced some vision loss?
- Have you had a change in appetite, notice weight loss?
- Do you have a difficult time with meal preparation?
- Are you lonely and frequently isolated from friends and family?
- Do you need help with dressing and bathing?
- Are you experiencing problems with incontinence?
- Is it difficult or impossible to keep up with your home and bills?
- Do you need a safety network for nearby assistance on a daily basis?
- Are you looking for an option other than moving in with your adult children?
- Is there a desire for a less expensive alternative to home health and skilled nursing?
- Are there signs of needing living assistance 24 hours a day?
- A personalized level of daily assistance (e.g. bathing, grooming and dressing, taking medication, moving through your home, mealtime assistance, etc.)
- 3 restaurant-style meals per day
- All utilities
- Weekly housekeeping services
- Weekly laundry service for bed linens and towels
- 24-hour on-site nursing staff
- Emergency response system
- Social, religious, educational, recreational and wellness programs and activities
- On-site gym with fitness equipment and classes
- Scheduled transportation to medical appointments
- Scheduled transportation to group outings and events
It is important to consider all of your current living expenses, as well as future costs that will be covered when you live in a Valor community, including:
- Rent or mortgage
- Property taxes
- Homeowner’s insurance (you may obtain your own renter’s insurance)
- HOA or neighborhood fees
- Lawn care & snow removal
- Trash removal
- Home repairs
- Local gym membership, fitness & exercise equipment and/or classes
- In-home emergency call system
- Maintenance-free living
- Executive Chef
- Restaurant-style dining
- Casual dining
- 24/7 snacks
- Housekeeping services
- Laundry facilities & services
- Scheduled transportation
- Emergency call/response system
- Beauty salon
- Fitness center
- Theater room
- Scheduled social events
- Park setting with walking paths
How do you address those who cannot care for themselves, whether it’s bathing, dressing, or susceptible to frequent falls?
When Residents can no longer take care of their surroundings, what options are available at the Assisted Living Communities?
You can never know for sure when you will need assisted living or independent living care, but an unexpected accident, illness, or injury can change your needs, sometimes suddenly. The best time to think about care is before you need it.
Planning for the possibility of assisted living or independent living care gives you time to learn about services in your community and what they cost. It also allows you to make important decisions while you are still able including health, legal, and financial decisions.
Every person who comes to a Valor Health Community has unique needs and preferences.
Our team of professionals meet with new residents and their families to assess current healthcare needs and create a Personalized Service Plan. This plan may include resident or family concerns, as well as recommended assistance with daily activities or personal care services, all coordinated by our 24-hour on-site licensed nursing staff.
We encourage open communication and teamwork between our residents, their families, physicians and staff to create the ultimate healthcare environment, now and over time.
Our apartments come unfurnished, so you can customize your own living space. You will need to furnish a bedroom, living room, kitchenette area, and bathroom. Besides furniture and décor items, you will also need your own clothing and personal care items. Please ask our admissions team for assistance on what to bring upon admission. We offer both private and companion rooms with bathrooms in all rooms. All our rooms are carpeted and spacious, with a variety of sizes of rooms available.